Artificial Intelligence MS Program for International Students (AIM@CGU)
Ready to succeed in the global AI revolution?
✔ Get an AI Master education in Taiwan
✔ With internship funded by TSMC
Why Study AI in Taiwan?
Taiwan is a global leader in semiconductor, ICT, and AI technology, where cutting-edge tech giants such as TSMC, Nvidia, AMD, Foxconn and Quanta work together to bring highly-demanded AI platforms to the global market. Using new AI software running on these powerful AI platforms, all industries are undergoing AI revolution called Industry 5.0.
Studying AI in Taiwan offers you a unique opportunity to immerse in a dynamic and forward-thinking landscape, gaining exposure to the latest advancements in the field.
Come to Chang Gung University in Taiwan and be part of this grand AI future.
AIM@CGU – AI Master degree program with full scholarship
The Chang Gung University Artificial Intelligence Master (AIM) degree program is an all-English, 2-year program designed for international students.
It is structured in an 1+1 format: one year on-campus study plus one year industrial internship at Taiwanese high tech companies, such as the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), MediaTek and others.
In the first year, students will take foundational AI courses such as Introduction AI and Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, and Natural Language Processing, as well as elective courses such as AI and Internet of Things, Multiagent Systems, Quantum Machine Learning, and Cybersecurity.
In the second year, students will receive full-time integrated internship, conducting on-site training in actual corporate environment, working alongside industrial professionals with guidance from industry and university mentors.
AIM program graduation requirements include taking courses, on-site internship and a project report. No thesis required.
AIM students are fully funded for both years with monthly stipend and tuition and fees waiver.
Our Corporate Partner – Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC)
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) is the global semiconductor manufacturing powerhouse and supplier of >90% high-end AI chips worldwide. Established since 1987 in Taiwan, TSMC has expanded new production facilities in the USA, Japan, and Germany.
About CGU & CoIC
Chang Gung University (CGU), located in Taiyuan City, Taiwan, is a student-centered, convergence research-led university. The University has prevailed as Taiwan's top 5 choices for international and local students, offering a welcoming and supportive campus community where students' highest potential will be fostered on-campus. CGU empowers our students for personal and professional success in the fields of medical sciences, engineering, management, and intelligent computing.
The College of Intelligent Computing (CoIC), established in 2022, is dedicated to advance the science, engineering and applications of Artificial Intelligence. In CoIC, we not only strive to teach and develop the theoretical science of AI, but also actively collaborate with local high-tech companies and the global AI industry. Our mission is to cultivate future leaders in intelligent computing who can contribute to the rapid and strategic adoption of AI for the benefit of human society.
AIM Introduction Video
Scholarship and Benefits
The AIM scholarship includes:
- Tuition and fees waiver (for a total of 4 semesters)
- Free on-campus accommodation
- First year living allowance: NT$20,000/month
- Second year internship stipend: NT$20,000~ NT$25,000/month [Actual amount is subject to the contract signed between the student and the sponsoring company.]
- Free Mandarin courses: 'Summer Intensive Program' or 'In-Semester Program'
How to Apply?
Ideal applicants are passionate individuals with a demonstrated skill in programming and relevant computer engineering experience, who are committed to advancing artificial intelligence, showcasing innovation, critical thinking, and a strong aptitude for interdisciplinary collaboration.
Steps to apply
1. Follow the Admission Guidelines for the Department of Artificial Intelligence Master’s program, and register an account in the CGU Application System for International Students. Registration fee: NT$1,600 (USD$50)
2. Fill in the AIM application form (download here).
3. Submit all the required documents and the AIM application form in the CGU Application System.
(1) AIM applicants are reviewed jointly by the University admission committee and the sponsoring company’s scholarship committee.
(2) AIM awardees approved by both committees will study under the Industrial Professional Track program.
(3) Applicants who have passed the University admission committee review, but are not selected by the scholarship committee, shall study under the Academic Track program.
(4) Applicants who have not passed the University admission committee review will not be admitted to study in CGU.
Scholarship Implementation Regulations
Regulations on Implementing the Corporate Internship Scholarships and Grants for Overseas Students in the Department of Artificial Intelligence Master’s Program, Chang Gung University
2024/2025 Fall Admission
Regular: December 18, 2023 – February 23, 2024
Extended: March 11, 2024 – May 26, 2024
*Scholarship quota not filled in the Regular round will be deferred to the Extended round review.
2024/2025 Spring Admission
August 1, 2024 - September 29, 2024
University website for international applications: https://oia.cgu.edu.tw/var/file/15/1015/img/2755/admission.html
Ms. Yeh, Academic Officer
College of Intelligent Computing, Chang Gung University
Living and Working in Taiwan
Taiwan is one of the most open and democratic countries in the world. CGU is located near Taipei, the capital and cultural center of Taiwan. Studying at CGU, you will not only enjoy Taiwan, but also be well-connected to all Asia and the whole world!
Students graduating from the AIM@CGU program may choose to apply to any tech companies, in or beyond Taiwan, and are not obliged to work for the sponsoring company after graduation.
More information: https://goldcard.nat.gov.tw/en/about/
- What’s It Like Living In Taiwan? – Veronika’s Adventure
- 2023/09/19 Bloomberg: Germany’s Saxony to Send Interns to TSMC to Foster Chip Talent
- 2023/08/08 DW: Taiwan's TSMC to build semiconductor factory in Germany
- 2023/04/17 The Brookings Institution: How serious is the risk of war over Taiwan?
- Follow more AI news in Taiwan on the AI Taiwan Action Plan website: https://ai.taiwan.gov.tw/
Chang Gung University College of Intelligent Computing (CGU CoIC) reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions of the AIM@CGU program.